Extelligence is an intelligent partner that goes the extra mile. We provide customized information management solutions for major industries. Our team in Prague and Bucharest is working with international companies, transforming, and adding value to their business on a daily basis. We are growing quickly, and we are interested to bring more talented individuals into our team.
Service Reliability Engineer will be responsible representing IT production within the development teams, building and deploying Digital Product, and maintaining Infrastructure being used by the group. Facilitates conversation between DevOps Application Support, Service Reliability Engineers, Product and Cloud teams, and working with best practices, group compliance & protocols.
Service Reliability Engineer will maintain adherence to critical processes such as Incident, Problem and Change Management and work closely with the Service Management and Service Integration functions.
- Represent IT Production within the development teams i.e. participate on support design for an application, ensure cost effectivity and supportability of developed application
- Enable communication bridge between DevOps Application Support, Service Reliability Engineers, Product and Cloud teams
- Facilitate coordination with Security and Network teams
- Manage path to production with transition team
- Proactively communicate to support team regarding new products being launched
- Identify risks and known issues for products in the pipeline
- Builds & Manages CI/CD for deploying Applications and Infrastructure
- Creates reliable/scalable solutions but with an eye to Capacity/Cost Management
- Identify Opportunities for automation first approach when possible using IaC and Scripting using tools such as Powershell, Bash, ARM templates
- Produces detailed technical documentation
- Able to explain complex solutions to non-technical persons and contribute to team knowledgebase
- Provide rotational, on-call, operation support of cloud services
- Deliver infrastructure as code through continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline
- Troubleshoot and own all production issues to drive effective resolution of assigned client escalations including post-mortem root cause analysis and recommendations/implementations to ensure long-term remediation of issues
- Drive down the number of incidents and MTTR
- Produce status reports and quality metrics
- Provide input to an accurate business continuity plan is maintained and tested
- Conduct capacity and demand planning of systems to ensure the future capabilities of the system are well understood and plans to scale, and quality are defined and delivered and drive down services unit cost to agreed targets under the guidance of the product manager
- Service Creation in CMDB for new products
- Collaborate on the development of documentation of practices, patterns and processes as cloud operations mature
- Proactively communicate with key stakeholders regarding the system availability status, scheduled maintenance windows and product performance
- Regular communication between SRE and Core Cloud Team (Opportunities for Automation, Standardization, New Standards)
- On call rotation might be necessary.
Experience and Education
- More than 3+ years designing and operating high-performance, secure, multi-tenant cloud services supporting a CI/CD model is a plus
- Substantial Azure experience and ability to pass certification within 6 months if not already certified is a plus
- Solid Infrastructure skills (DNS, TCP, Firewalls etc)
- Has an automation first approach when possible using IaC and Scripting using tools such as Powershell, Bash, ARM templates
- Experience with OO languages like Python,C++, C# as well as JS or similar scripting language is a plus
- XML and JSON Experience is a plus
- Experience with a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases is a plus
- Working with general Azure services (App Service, Traffic Manager, API Management etc.) is a plus
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Science, Technology or Math from an accredited university or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and very collaboratively and getting the job done
- Solid knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for cloud engineering and software development
- Experience configuring and managing a broad range of Azure services
- Solid Infrastructure skills (DNS, TCP, Firewalls etc)
- Team player, working in cross functional teams but also able to work solo and likes to get the job done
- Provide a technical leadership and being a cloud evangelist.
- Has an Agile & DevOps mindset, but also experience of working within an Enterprise
- Enjoys problem solving & learning new technologies
- Excellent written & verbal English communication
- Knowledge of or ability to learn programming in multiple scripting and programming languages, automation frameworks and tooling technologies.
- Have a creative and analytical mindset, and naturally facilitate creative/collaborative problem-solving techniques
- Occasional (up to 20%)
Working with Extelligence:
- We take care of the important things that matter to contractors, for example, we guarantee on-time payment for your work. You will never have to chase us for payment.
- We always seek to have long term relationships with our team and we always seek to offer opportunities to extend cooperation beyond the first contract or project.
- Extelligence is a multicultural team, we have more than 15 different nationalities working with us.
- We also organize events to bring our team together including team building activities and social events.